City of Faith is a contractor of the Bureau of Prisons and the Louisiana Department of Corrections. As required by those contracts, we are required to employ a male and female when multiple genders are in our facilities. At times, we will only be seeking applicants of certain genders indicated in our job posts as our contracts require.
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Any other assigned tasks by the Facility Director
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Trunk Strength – The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Manual Dexterity – The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Static Strength – The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Extent Flexibility – The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Experience And Education:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Over 6 months, up to and including 1 year
The following fringe benefits are associated with this position.
- After 90 day Probationary Period – Ten (10) annual paid holidays
New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Mardi Gras or President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day,
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- After one year 10 days paid vacation.
- After five years, 15 days paid vacation.
- 7 sick days accrued annually