Functions under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Is required to use initiative and sound judgment to assure the efficient, effective, and timely accomplishment of all duties. The duties of this position require direct contact with individuals in the confinement who are suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the State of Louisiana and the United States. Personnel may be required to work weekends and rotating shifts. Work is performed inside and outside of the facility depending on the nature of the assignment.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
Must have mental aptitude to make quick decisions, resolve problems, perform simultaneous job functions and/or physical functions, prioritize work in stressful situations and have good attention to detail. Maintain accurate and current records and reports as deemed necessary by City of Faith Policy. Must be familiar with the center’s emergency plan and with the physical plans of the facilities. Is subject to call in cases of emergency
III. SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment.
- Visually inspect and test machinery.
- Operate electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Operate and maintain measuring and testing equipment.
- Complete all daily forms and reports as requested.
- Maintain Tool and Equipment Logs.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
- Dismantle or partially dismantle defective machinery and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following specifications.
- Operate, manipulate, and utilize electrical testing and measurement devices, hand tools, power tools, and A/C testing equipment.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Operate and drive a small truck.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
IV. DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE. ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Possess the ability to work independently and to function without close supervision. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, have and maintain a valid Louisiana Drivers License, and meet COF vehicle insurance requirements.
V. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires high school education or GED equivalent. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers accurately.
VI. FRINGE BENEFITS
The following fringe benefits are associated with this position.
- After one year of service – 10 annual paid holidays
- After one year of service – 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Participation in 403-B retirement plan.
- Group Health Insurance eligible.