This position functions under the direct supervision of the Deputy Executive Director. Person must manager, administer and direct overall operations of the City of Faith Community Correctional Center. Monitors and insures compliance with all contractual agencies of the center. The duties of this position require direct constant contact with individuals in confinement who are suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the State of Louisiana and the United States. This position is subject to call in case of emergency.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
Develop long-range goals and plans for the center. Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and directives. Administer all funds pursuant to the guidelines of the approved budget, including grants, reimbursement programs and other monetary allocations.
III. SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Conduct monthly staff meetings
- Coordinate all publicity, and public relations for the facility at the direction and approval of the Executive and Deputy Executive Directors.
- Maintain liaison with all criminal justice agencies and related organizations within the community.
- Represent the City of Faith at professional conferences, and university sponsored events.
- Responsible for employment, termination, and evaluation of all staff members.
- Maintains overall responsibility for Employee Assistance Program
- Maintains overall responsibility for Employee Grievance Program.
- Oversee and assist residents in the management of finances, health needs, and employment.
- Submit reports as required by the Executive and Deputy Executive Directors.
- Implement organizational plans and goals.
- Exercises initiative in exchange with community resources towards influencing attitudes and actions toward the correctional program.
- Develop and implement long-range goals.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure, functions, and interaction of the facility, regional and central office staff of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Knowledge of Federal Bureau of Prisons, procedures, and guidelines as they relate to community corrections.
IV. DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Must have a good understanding of correctional history, law, philosophy, and practices, and contemporary criminology theory. Skills in financial management, decision-making, supervision of personnel, grant administration, and public relations. Must be familiar with the City of Faith emergency plan and with the physical plans of the facility.
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a social or behavioral science and two (2) year of related experience in a related field, with one of the years in a supervisory position. Work experience may be substituted for academic studies exchanging one year of work experience in a related field for one year of academic education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of word processing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
VI. FRINGE BENEFITS
The following fringe benefits are associated with this position.
- After 90 day Probationary Period – Ten (10) annual paid holidays New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Mardi Gras or President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- After one year 10 days paid vacation.
- After five years, 15 days paid vacation.
- Participation in 403-B retirement plan.
- Group Health Insurance Plan.